The mission of the Boquet Valley Central School Counseling Department is to support the academic, social-emotional, and career development of all students. Services include group counseling, may include individual student counseling, student advisement, information & referral, mediation and guidance education.
The school’s Counseling Department coordinates with teachers and parents to assist students in regards to academic achievement and career exploration, as well as addressing barriers to success.
The School Counselor can be reached at:
Lake View Campus (518) 962-8244
Mountain View Campus (518) 873-6371
Helpful Link Below:
All district counselors are expected to:
- assist students in coping with peer pressure and emerging personal, social and emotional problems;
- initiate teacher/student/counselor conferences and parent/teacher/student/counselor conferences, as necessary, as a way to resolve problems;
- regularly review with students their educational progress and career plans;
- provide information to assist students with career planning;
- encourage students to benefit from the curriculum and extracurricular programs.
- engage with the DAC for proper guidelines and counseling methods to handle human relations in the areas of race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender, sex, and gender identity and expression.