All violations of rules will be treated seriously and students will be subject to disciplinary actions, which may include suspensions from riding the bus for a period of time. The school may monitor buses with video cameras.
- Obey the bus driver’s direction.
- Sit facing the front of the bus.
- Fighting, pushing, and shoving will not be tolerated on the bus.
- Talk quietly. Screaming, shouting, loud talking, and obscene language will not be tolerated.
- No eating, drinking or gum chewing is allowed.
- All students must stay in their seats while the bus is moving.
- Keep hands, head, and feet, as well as all belongings inside the bus.
- The bus driver is authorized to assign student seating.
- Students must have a written request signed by parent/guardian and presented to the Main Office, prior to the end of the school day, to ride a different bus or stay for a school activity.
- An adult must be visible to the bus driver at a home before a K-6 student will be let off the bus or the child will stay on the bus and return to the school. Parents/guardians will then be called to come to the school to pick up their child.
Passing a School Bus
Overtaking or passing a stopped school bus with red lights flashing is illegal at any time. In addition, state law also forbids overtaking or passing a stopped school bus in any school parking area whether or not lights are flashing.